According to AnnaLaura Brown on her website she thinks that these 10 will help the library:
1. Facebook fan pages.
3. Wikis- via wetpaint, media wiki or pbwiki. Which one you choose really depends on your preferences and resources.
4. MySpace- although this site is pretty much dead for business, it still works pretty well for organizations such as libraries.
5. Library Thing
6. YouTube- When done correctly, this can be a great way to promote your library via videos.
7. Lib Guides- I just love this program and had to include it.
8. Flickr- many larger libraries are posting amazing photos of their collections and historical items here.
9. Delicious- a great way to share your bookmarks with the world as well as your patrons.
10. Database widgets such as those by Gale.
This is her personal view on social media use and libraries!